Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan has healthy and gluten free breading, juicy chicken, arrabiata sauce, fresh parmesan and fresh basil. High in lean protein, healthy fats and antioxidants. Ready in 20 minutes, it makes the perfect weeknight meal.
Ingredient Notes and Health Benefits:
Chicken Breasts: A great source of lean protein, I buy organic thinly sliced boneless skinless chicken breasts.
Ground Flaxseed: This is the first layer of the breading and so healthy. High in omega 3’s, fiber and lignans, which may help prevent cancer.
Eggs: Another great source of protein, this is the second layer of the breading.
Almond Flour: High in fiber and gluten free, this flour is the perfect substitute for wheat flour for the third and final layer of the breading.
Arrabiata Sauce: I love spice, so I love an arrabiata sauce in this recipe. You could also use a marinara.
Fresh Basil: Contains many vitamins and minerals, as well as the antioxidants lutein, zeaxanthin and beta-carotene.
How to Make Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan:
Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan is incredibly easy to make. First, we’ll bread the chicken. Next, cook the chicken in the air fryer, and lastly we’ll top it with a spicy sauce, fresh parmesan and fresh basil. Let’s get started!
1st Step – Brine the Chicken: This step can be skipped if you are short on time, but it really helps make the chicken extra juicy, so I recommend doing it if you can. Simply place the chicken breasts into room temperature water with a 1/2 tbsp of salt. Let soat for 5-10 minutes. Remove chicken from water and pat dry.
2nd Step – Bread the Chicken: Pour ground flaxseed, whisked eggs and almond flour into three separate bowls. Place the chicken breasts into the ground flaxseed and coat on both sides. Do the same into the eggs and then the almond flour. Brush the chicken with about a 1/2 tbsp of olive oil on each side. Then brush the bottom of the air fryer bin. This is very important to make sure the chicken doesn’t stick.
3rd Step – Cook The Chicken: Place chicken into the air fryer (I love this one from Philips) and cook at 400 degrees for 7 mins per side. The chicken is cooked when there is no pink in the middle of the chicken breast.
4th Step – Top the Chicken: Remove the chicken from the air fryer and place into serving bowls. Top with sauce, fresh parmesan and fresh basil.
Make sure to check out these other Chef Nat Air Fryer recipes: Blackened Salmon Teriyaki Stir-Fry, Air Fryer French Fries with Chili Lime Mayo and Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts.
4 thinly sliced boneless skinless chicken breasts 1. Brine chicken (optional) by placing chicken breasts in room temperature water with a 1/2 tbsp of salt. Let soak for 10 mins. Remove from water and pat dry.
1/3 cup ground flaxseed
1/3 cup almond flour
4 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup arrabiata sauce
1/4 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
2. Into three separate bowls place ground flaxseed, eggs (whisked) and almond flour.
3. Place chicken breast into each bowl, in that order (flaxseed, eggs and flour), to coat chicken and create breading.
4. Brush 1/2 tbsp onto each side of the breaded chicken breasts and then brush bottom bin of air fryer with olive oil. This will ensure the chicken doesn't stick to the air fryer.
5. Place chicken into the air fryer and cook at 400 for 7 mins per side. The chicken is done when there is no pink in the middle of the breast.
6. Place chicken into a serving bowl. Pour sauce onto chicken, sprinkle with parmesan and top with ripped fresh basil.
4 thinly sliced boneless skinless chicken breasts
1. Brine chicken (optional) by placing chicken breasts in room temperature water with a 1/2 tbsp of salt. Let soak for 10 mins. Remove from water and pat dry.