Blackened Salmon Teriyaki Stir-fry has blackened, juicy and flaky salmon and a delicious homemade teriyaki sauce. Ready in under 20 minutes, it makes the perfect weeknight meal. High in healthy fats, protein and antioxidants. It’s satisfying, filling and one of my new favorites.
Ingredient Notes and Health Benefits:
Salmon: I prefer Wild Salmon whenever possible, and buy mine from either Whole Foods or our local spot here in Scottsdale called Chula Seafood. Salmon is extremely high in protein and is also a great source of healthy fats.
Kale: Super high in nutrients and low in calories, kale is truly a superfood. It’s extremely high in vitamin A, K and C. It also contains powerful antioxidants such as Quercetin and Kaempferol. Antioxidants play a role in preventing cancer, lowering inflammation and blood pressure and help protect our heart.
Red Cabbage: A great source of fiber, Vitamins A, C, K and B6. It’s also a good source of vitamins and minerals.
Carrots: Rich in beta carotene that our body converts to Vitamin A, this helps us with our vision, and is also good for immune function.
Fresh Garlic: High in vitamin C, B6 and manganese, fresh garlic adds so much flavor to the homemade teriyaki sauce.
Fresh Ginger: High in gingerol, it has great anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. It also adds flavor and great fragrance to the sauce.
How to Make Blackened Salmon Teriyaki Stir-fry:
This stir-fry is very easy to make. We will blacken and air fry the salmon, cook the veggies and make the sauce. Let’s get started!
- Brush salmon with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with seasoning and rub into salmon.
- Place salmon into air fryer (skin facing down).
- Finely chop garlic and ginger. Place into a mason jar.
- Pour in the remaining ingredients. Shake mason jar to combine.
- Pour olive oil into skillet and heat to medium.
- Add the veggies. None of them require any chopping which is so nice.
- Cook the veggies for 3-5 minutes and then pour in sauce. Stir to coat veggies and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
If you love salmon as much as I do, make sure to check out these other Chef Nat recipes: Jamaican Jerk Sockeye Salmon, BBQ Grilled Salmon with Sweet Chili Lime Glaze and Coconut Curry Salmon.
Salmon: Teriyaki Sauce: Veggies: Topping: Blackened Salmon: Teriyaki Sauce: Veggies: Assembling Blackened Salmon Teriyaki Stir-fry:
2 wild salmon filets
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp olive oil
1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp maple syrup
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp fresh ginger, finely chopped
1 tbsp fresh garlic, finely chopped
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp ground flaxseed
1 tbsp cold water
1 handful of chopped kale
1 handful of chopped red cabbage
1 handful of shredded carrots
1 handful of broccoli slaw
1 tsp olive oil
1. Brush olive oil onto each salmon filet.
2. Place seasonings in a small bowl and stir to combine. Sprinkle onto salmon. Rub into salmon with clean hands.
3. Place salmon into airfryer (skin side down) and cook at 400 for 7-10 minutes (7 minutes will be cooked to about medium for a filet that is 1/2 inch thick).
1. Chop garlic and ginger, place into a mason jar.
2. Add the remaining sauce ingredients and shake.
1. Pour olive oil into a large skillet and heat to medium.
2. Add veggies and cook for 3-5 minutes, then pour in teriyaki sauce (reserving 1 tbsp). Cook another 1-2 minutes.
1. Scoop veggies into a bowl. Top with salmon. Pour extra sauce on and then sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Assembling Blackened Salmon Teriyaki Stir-fry:
[…] sure to check out these other Chef Nat Air Fryer recipes: Blackened Salmon Teriyaki Stir-Fry, Air Fryer French Fries with Chili Lime Mayo and Air Fryer Brussels […]
[…] sure to check out these other Chef Nat recipes: Holiday Crunch Homemade Granola, Blackened Salmon Teriyaki Stir-Fry and Healthy Peanut Butter […]
[…] sure to check out these other Chef Nat recipes: Pulled Chicken Mini Sliders, Blackened Salmon Teriyaki Stir-Fry and Honey Garlic Glazed […]
[…] sure to check out these other Chef Nat salmon recipes: BBQ Grilled Salmon with Sweet Chili Sauce, Blackened Salmon Teriyaki Stir-Fry, and Honey Sriracha Glazed […]