I don’t know where the air fryer has been all my life but I am so happy that I have it now. There’s no need for preheating, there’s minimal clean up and the salmon comes out the perfect mix of juicy & crispy. Serve on your favorite salad or with a grain and veggies.
Ingredient Notes and Health Benefits
Salmon: A great source of lean protein and healthy fats, salmon is one of my favorite types of seafood. It’s also high in selenium, antioxidants and B vitamins. I recommend buying fresh wild caught salmon.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil: High in healthy (monounsaturated) fats, antioxidants, and anti-inflammatories.
Maple Syrup: Make sure you’re using the real stuff – makes such a difference!
How to Use the Air Fryer
Each air fryer is different, so I recommend referring to the manual for your specific model. Mine does not require any preheating, and is very easy to use (they are all easy just vary slightly). After placing the salmon in the bin, I slide the bin into the air fryer. Next, simply select the temperature and time to cook and that’s it! It seriously could not be easier.
How to Clean the Air Fryer
After the salmon is cooked, I remove the bin from the fryer, clean the bottom with soap and a sponge and let air dry. Do not place in the dishwasher.
1/4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 1. Brush extra virgin olive oil onto salmon filet
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground pepper
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp brown sugar
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tbsp maple syrup
2. Place rub ingredients (garlic powder, salt, pepper, paprika, cayenne pepper, brown sugar) into a small bowl and stir to combine
3. Rub into salmon using your hands
4. Brush maple syrup onto salmon filet
5. Place in the air fryer bin, place bin in air fryer
6. Select 400 degrees for 10 minutes
7. Remove bin from air fryer, remove filet from bin using a spatula
1/4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1. Brush extra virgin olive oil onto salmon filet