Creamy Cajun Parmesan Salmon has a silky savory sauce, flaky salmon and homemade cajun seasoning. Ready in under 30 minutes, it’s surprisingly healthy and makes the perfect dinner.
Ingredient Notes and Health Benefits:
Grass Fed Butter: I prefer to buy Kerry Gold salted butter.
Garlic Cloves: I buy the garlic from Trader Joe’s that are pre peeled, this takes out a step for chopping garlic
Reduced Fat Coconut Milk: It has all the same flavors as the full-fat version but is much lower in calories. It has a nice silky texture.
Ground Flaxseed: High in omega 3’s, fiber and lignans, which may reduce the risk of cancer
Brown Rice Noodles: Easier to digest than wheat noodles, they are also high in fiber and antioxidants.
How to Make the Creamy Cajun Parmesan Sauce
Creamy Cajun Parmesan Salmon has the most delicious sauce and it’s very easy to make. Let’s get started.
1st Step: Place butter into a hot skillet and cook until it begins to bubble. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute, stirring often.
2nd Step: Pour in coconut milk and cook for 2-3 minutes or until it begins to bubble.
3rd Step: Add ground flaxseed, homemade cajun seasoning and parmesan cheese. Stir to combine. Cook for 2-3 minutes, uncovered, to allow the sauce to thicken.
4 salmon filets To Air Fry the Salmon: To Cook the Noodles: To Make the Sauce: To Assemble:
8oz brown rice and quinoa spaghetti
2 tbsp grass fed butter
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 cans reduced fat coconut milk
2 tbsp ground flaxseed
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
2 tbsp cajun seasoning
Homemade Cajun Seasoning:
1 tbsp smoked paprika
1 tsp salt
1/2 tbsp garlic powder
1/2 tbsp ground black pepper
1/2 tbsp onion salt
1/2 tbsp drieg oregano
1/4 tbsp dried thyme
1. Brush salmon ith 1/4 tsp olive oil.
2. Season lightly with salt and ground black pepper.
3. Place in air fryer at 400 for 7 minutes.
1. Bring water to a boil, add noodles and cook uncovered for 6-8 minutes.
2. As the noodles cook, break them apart with a fork or tongs so they don't stick together.
3. Drain water and set aside.
1. Place butter into a skillet and heat over medium for 1 minute.
2. Add garlic and cook for another minute, stirring constantly.
3. Add coconut milk and stir. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the sauce begins to bubble.
4. Stir in ground flaxseed, then cajun seasoning and then parmesan cheese.
5. Cook for another 2-3 minutes to allow sauce to thicken.
1. Toss noodles with sauce (reserving some).
2. Place salmon on noodles, top with extra sauce.
3. Serve with veggies of your choice on the side.
4 salmon filets
To Air Fry the Salmon:
To Cook the Noodles:
To Make the Sauce: