Thai Peanut Noodle Salad has fresh veggies, juicy chicken and is smothered in a homemade creamy peanut dressing. The chicken is made in the slow cooker, so you can set it and forget it. From there, toss the veggies and shredded chicken in a large bowl. Toss with the dressing and top with fresh chopped peanuts and cilantro. It’s the perfect cold salad to be enjoyed at lunch and works great for meal prep.
Ingredient Notes and Health Benefits:
Kale: Super high in nutrients and low in calories, kale is truly a superfood. It’s extremely high in vitamin A, K and C. It also contains powerful antioxidants such as Quercetin and Kaempferol. Antioxidants play a role in preventing cancer, lowering inflammation and blood pressure and help protect our heart.
Red Cabbage: A great source of fiber, Vitamins A, C, K and B6. It’s also a good source of vitamins and minerals.
Carrots: Rich in beta carotene that our body converts to Vitamin A, this helps us with our vision, and is also good for immune function.
Brown Rice Fettuccine: This pasta as an alternative to wheat and it is gluten free. I buy this one from Sprouts.
Peanut Butter: Make sure you use a natural peanut butter. This one from Justin’s is the best.
How to Make Thai Peanut Noodle Salad:
Slow Cooker Chicken: Place chicken in slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6-8 hours. Remove and shred with two forks. The chicken will fall apart and is super juicy.
Brown Rice Fettuccine: Cook according to package directions. I prefer the pasta a little el dante for this recipe.
Peanut Dressing: Place all the ingredients in a mason jar, put lid on top and shake to combine.
Salad: Place veggies and chicken into a large bowl. Pour in dressing and stir to coat ingredients.
Toppings: Top with fresh chopped peanuts and cilantro.
2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts Shredded Chicken: Brown Rice Fettuccine: Peanut Dressing: Salad:
4 handfuls of kale
2 handfuls of red cabbage
2 handfuls of broccoli slaw
2 handfuls of shredded carrots
2 red bell peppers, diced
7 oz (half package) brown rice fettuccine
1/2 cup natural peanut butter
3 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
1 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp fresh lime juice
3 tbsp water
2 tsp italian bomba sauce (or sriracha)
1 tsp brown sugar
1 tbsp fresh ginger, finely chopped
4 garlic cloves finely chopped
Fresh chopped peanuts
1. Place chicken into slow cooker and cover with filtered water. Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or high for 4 hours.
2. When it is cooked, carefully remove into a bowl and shred with two forks.
1. Cook according to package directions. I like my noodles el dante for this recipe.
1. Place all dressing ingredients into a mason jar and screw lid on top.
2. Shake to combine ingredients.
1. Combine veggies (kale, red cabbage, broccoli slaw, shredded carrots, bell peppers), noodles and shredded chicken into a large mixing bowl.
2. Drizzle with dressing and use tongs or large spoons to coat ingredients in dressing.
3. Top with fresh chopped peanuts and cilantro
2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
Brown Rice Fettuccine: