A popular noodle dish in Thailand, this Chicken Pad Thai is healthy, easy to make and ready in 30 minutes. Lean protein, colorful veggies are smothered in a creamy peanut sauce. This recipe is perfect for dinner or meal prep.
Ingredient Notes and Health Benefits:
Chicken Breast: A great source of lean protein. I buy organic, boneless and skinless chicken
Bell Peppers: You can use whichever colors you prefer. I like to use a variety for both the flavors and nutrition benefits.
Brown Rice Pad Thai Noodles: Pad Thai is traditionally made with rice noodles. I recently started making mine with brown rice pad thai noodles. The texture is the same and it increases the nutritional value. The brand I use is Explore Cuisine.
Microgreens: High in potassium, iron, zinc, magnesium, copper and antioxidants, I prefer to use these instead of bean sprouts.
How To Make Chicken Pad Thai:
Brine the Chicken: This step is not necessary but I highly recommend it. It makes the chicken so much juicer. Simply place the chicken in a bowl of room temperature water and sprinkle with 2 tbsp of salt. Let it soak for 15 minutes. Remove chicken from water and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Step 1: Place chicken on a cutting board and brush with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Place seasoned side down into air fryer. Brush and season other side. Cook at 360 for 15 minutes, flipping chicken half way. If you don’t have an air fryer, see oven directions below.
- Step 2: While chicken is cooking, cook noodles according to package directions and set aside.
- Step 3: Slice peppers, chop garlic and ginger.
- Step 4: Place 1 tbsp of coconut oil in a medium hot skillet. Add peppers, cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring often.
- Step 5: While peppers are cooking, place sauce ingredients in a medium-sized bowl and whisk.
- Step 6: Add garlic and ginger to skillet and cook another minute.
- Step 7: Add cooked noodles and cooked chicken (cut into bite-sized pieces) into skillet. Pour sauce over top and stir to coat ingredients.
- Step 8: Cover and cook another 2 minutes.
- Step 9: Top with fresh chopped peanuts, cilantro and microgreens.
If you do not have an air fryer, preheat oven to 425 and cook for 20-30 mins, or until the internal temperature of the chicken is 165 degrees fahrenheit.
8 oz brown rice pad thai noodles Sauce: 1. Brine chicken by placing the chicken breasts in room temperature water and 2 tbsp of salt. Let soak for 15 minutes.
1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 red bell pepper
1 green bell pepper
1 orange bell pepper
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 tbsp chopped fresh ginger
2 green onions, chopped
1/2 cup peanuts, chopped
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1/4 cup microgreens
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp coconut oil
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp sea salt
2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
6 tbsp fish sauce
4 tbsp rice vinegar
2 tbsp sriracha
4 tbsp natural peanut butter
2. Remove chicken from water and pat dry with paper towel.
3. Place chicken on a cutting board, brush with olive oil and sprinkle salt and pepper on one side. Place in air fryer, seasoned side down. Brush other side, season and close air fryer.
4. Cook at 360 for 7 minutes per side.
5. If you don't have an air fryer, bake chicken at 425 for 20-30 minutes (or until the inside reaches 165 degrees fahrenheit)
6. While the chicken is cooking, cook noodles according to package directions and set aside.
7. Slice peppers, chop garlic and ginger.
8. Place 1 tsp coconut oil into a medium hot skillet. Add peppers and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring often.
9. While the peppers are cooking, place sauce ingredients in a medium sized bowl and whisk.
10. Add garlic and ginger and stir, cooking for 1 more minute.
11. Add cooked noodles and cooked chicken (cut into bite sized pieces) to skillet, pour in sauce and use tongs to help coat the ingredients in the sauce.
12. Cover and cook for another 2 minutes.
13. Top with fresh chopped peanuts, cilantro and microgreens.
8 oz brown rice pad thai noodles
1. Brine chicken by placing the chicken breasts in room temperature water and 2 tbsp of salt. Let soak for 15 minutes.