Protein pancakes are one of my all time favorite breakfast foods, especially when you can make them in advance! Packed with nutrients, made in one blender and come together in under 20 minutes.
Ingredient Notes and Health Benefits:
Old Fashioned Oats: High in fiber and antioxidants, oats are a great addition to any recipe.
Protein powder: I love using egg white protein. It has a great flavor and is dairy free. Whey protein is also an option.
Eggs: High in nutrients and protein. They are also high in Omega 3’s and choline. Choline is a nutrient that helps support metabolism and cell growth.
Cinnamon: I love the flavor of cinnamon! It’s loaded with antioxidants and is also an anti-inflammatory. Bam!
How to Make Blender Protein Pancakes:
- Place all ingredients into a blender.
- Blend until smooth (about 1 min).
- Using a ladle, spoon pancake batter into a medium-hot greased (with coconut oil) skillet.
- When bubbles form, flip pancakes using a spatula. Cook another minute.
- Remove pancake from skillet and place on plate.
- Drizzle with maple syrup and top with hemp seeds and fresh fruit.
Storing Blender Protein Pancakes:
One of the best thing about these pancakes is that you can make them in advance, store them in the fridge and heat them up before you eat. This makes busy mornings so much less stressful. Simply store the pancakes in an airtight container and then place them in the microwave or toaster oven for a minute or two. Next, add the toppings and you’re all set! You may also want to store the pancakes in the freezer, in which case they will last for 1-2 months!
2 cups old fashioned oats 1. Place all ingredients into a blender.
2 ripe bananas
1 cup egg whites
8 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
2 tsp vanilla
4 scoops vanilla protein powder
4 tbsp ground flaxseed
1-2 tbsp coconut oil
2. Blend until smooth (about 1 minute).
3. Using a ladle, spoon pancake batter into a medium-hot greased (with coconut oil) skillet.
4. When bubbles form, flip pancakes using a spatula. Cook another 30 seconds.
5. Place pancakes on a plate, drizzle with maple syrup, and top with fresh fruit and hemp seeds.
2 cups old fashioned oats
1. Place all ingredients into a blender.