Poached eggs, crispy bacon, and perfectly air fried sweet potatoes. Topped with avocado, goat cheese and pico de gallo, this bowl is the perfect breakfast.
Ingredient Notes and Health Benefits:
Eggs: A great source of protein, I love to poach the eggs in this recipe (directions below!)
Bacon: Another great source of protein, and one of the best foods ever, right?! I cook it in the oven (directions below, too!)
Sweet Potato: High in fiber, vitamins and antioxidants, it’s the perfect healthy carbohydrate
Avocado: High in healthy fats, avocado adds so much flavor and texture
Pico de Gallo: I love this fresh salsa, and purchase the “hot” version. Mild works perfectly, too!
How to Cook Sweet Potato in the Air Fryer:
For this Egg Bacon and Potato Breakfast bowl, I used the air fryer to cook the sweet potatoes. It’s one of my favorite kitchen tools. I have this Philips Air Fryer and I love it. It’s easy to use and the potatoes come out perfectly crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside. First, chop the potato into bite sized pieces. Drizzle with 2 tbsp of olive oil and toss to coat. Add seasonings – salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika and stir to coat. Place into the air fryer basket and cook at 375 for 7 minutes. Remove basket and toss potatoes. Cook for another 7 minutes at 375.
Cooking the Bacon:
I prefer to cook bacon in the oven, rather than on the stovetop. The cleanup is much easier and it comes out perfectly crispy every time so it’s perfect for this Egg Bacon and Potato breakfast bowl. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place a sheet of aluminum foil on a baking sheet and then place bacon on foil. Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes, flipping the bacon half way through. Remove from the oven, place bacon on a paper towel on a plate to remove excess fat.
How to Poach the Eggs:
You can cook your eggs whichever way you prefer, but in this Egg Bacon and Potato breakfast bowl, I prefer poached. To cook them, bring water to boil in a small pot, then add vinegar. Adding vinegar helps to keep the egg white together. Using a spoon, swirl the water in a circle. Crack an egg into the middle of the moving water. Cook for 2-3 minutes, and then remove with a spoon. Repeat until all eggs are cooked. It couldn’t be easier! Check out this Avocado Toast with Fresh Herbs, Crumbled Feta and Poached Eggs for another great breakfast option!
8 eggs Bacon: Poached Eggs: Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes Assembling Bowl:
1 sweet potato
16 pieces of bacon
4 tbsp pico de gallo
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp vinegar
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp garlic power
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp paprika
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Place aluminum foil on a baking sheet, place bacon on foil and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes, flipping the bacon halfway through
3. Remove bacon from oven, place bacon on a plate with a paper towel to remove excess fat
1. Bring water to a boil
2. Add 1 tbsp of vinegar to water
3. Using a spoon, swirl water in a circle and crack egg into middle of swirl
4. Cook for 2-3 minutes, remove egg from water and set aside.
5. Repeat steps 3-4 until all eggs are cooked
1. Cut potato into bite sized pieces
2. Drizzle with olive oil and stir to coat
3. Add seasonings (salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika)
4. Place in air fryer for 7 minutes at 375. Shake basket and cook another 7 minutes.
1. Add potatoes, bacon and eggs. Top with avocado, fresh pico de gallo and goat cheese and enjoy!
Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes
Looks absolutely delicious!!