Fluffy scrambled eggs, crispy bacon, seasoned sweet potato and herbed goat cheese. Wrapped in a low carb whole wheat tortilla, these burritos are the perfect make ahead breakfast.
Cooking the Bacon
I prefer to cook bacon in the oven, rather than on the stovetop. The cleanup is much easier and it comes out perfectly crispy everytime. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place a sheet of aluminum foil on a baking sheet and then place bacon on foil. Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes, flipping the bacon half way through. Remove from the oven, place bacon on a paper towel on a plate to remove excess fat. Use your hands to crumble the bacon into small pieces.
Cooking the Eggs
Crack eggs into a mixing bowl and whisk. Pour into a medium-hot greased skillet and cook for 3-5 minutes, breaking up the eggs with a spatula as they cook. Place on a plate and set aside.
Cooking the Potatoes in the Air Fryer
Using a large knife, cut sweet potatoes into bite sized pieces. Place in a mixing bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and then place in air fryer. Cook at 375 for 20 minutes, shaking the basket half way through to ensure equal cooking.
Cooking the Potatoes in the Air Oven
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place aluminum foil on a baking sheet, place sweet potatoes on foil and cook in the oven for 20 minutes, stirring the potatoes half way through.
Place tortillas on kitchen counter. Place goat cheese on tortilla and spread using a knife. Top with potatoes, eggs and then bacon. Roll tortilla, fold in each side and then roll again. Cover burrito in aluminum foil and place in the fridge or freezer.
Reheating the Burrito
Remove burrito from foil and set foil aside. Wrap burrito in a paper towel. Place in microwave for 1-2 minutes if coming from the fridge and 3-4 minutes if coming from the freezer. Wrap bottom half of burrito in foil to hold and enjoy!
8 eggs 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
8 low carb whole wheat tortillas
5oz herbed goat cheese
8oz trader joe's no sugar dry rubbed bacon (or bacon of your choice)
1 large sweet potato
2 tbsp olive oil
2. Place aluminum foil on a baking sheet. Place bacon on foil.
3. Place bacon in oven for 15-20 mins, flipping bacon half way through
4. Cut sweet potato into bite sized pieces. Place in a mixing bowl. Toss in olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Place sweet potato in air fryer at 375 for 20 minutes, shaking the basket half way through.
6. Crack eggs into a mixing bowl, whisk and pour into a medium hot greased skillet. Cook for 3-5 minutes, breaking up the eggs as they cook.
7. Assemble burritos by placing tortilla shells on kitchen counter, spreading goat cheese on the bottom of the burrito and then topping with potatoes, eggs and bacon.
8. Wrap in foil and place in the fridge for 1-3 days or in the freezer for up to 3 weeks.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
[…] Egg, Sweet Potato, Bacon and Herbed Goat Cheese Make Ahead Breakfast Burrito — Chef Nat […]