Lemon Raspberry Protein Pancakes are fluffy, flavorful and packed with nutrients. Simply place all the ingredients into a blender, blend and pour into a hot skillet. Ready in under 15 minutes, they are the perfect breakfast for busy mornings.
Ingredient Notes and Health Benefits:
Old Fashioned Oats: High in fiber and antioxidants, oats are a great healthy carbohydrate. Carbs provide energy which is perfect in the morning.
1% Cottage Cheese: Low in calories and high in protein, b vitamins and calcium. I love using this as a protein source rather than a protein powder. If you don’t love the texture of cottage cheese (I feel as though that is common), once it’s been blended and added into the other ingredients, you don’t even notice it! I buy the small curd from Trader Joe’s.
Eggs: High in protein, and one of the most highly nutritious foods you can eat. We love that.
Ground Flaxseed: It is high in omega 3’s, fiber and lignans, which may help prevent cancer.
Banana: High in fiber, antioxidants and potassium.
How to Make Lemon Raspberry Protein Pancakes:
Lemon Raspberry Protein Pancakes could not be easier to make. Simply throw all the ingredients into a blender, blend and pour into a greased and hot skillet. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side and then either place on a cooling rack to cool, or on a plate to enjoy immediately. If you are eating the pancakes right away, top with your favorite toppings and enjoy.
Storing and Reheating Lemon Raspberry Blender Protein Pancakes:
These Pumpkin Spice Blender Protein Pancakes will stay good in the fridge for 2-3 days and in the freezer for up to 2 months. From the fridge, simply place in a microwave or toaster oven for 1-2 minutes to reheat. From the freezer, add an extra 1-2 minutes to allow the pancakes to thaw and then heat.
Other Chef Nat Breakfast Recipes:
1 1/4 cups old fashioned oats 1. Place all ingredients into a blender
1 1/4 cups cottage cheese
2 egg whites
1/4 cup raspberry jam
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp ground flaxseed
2 tsp baking powder
2. Blend until smooth (about 1 min)
3. Using a ladle, scoop into a greased skillet
4. Cook on first side until bubbles appear (about 1 min-1.5 min), flip and cook for another 30s to 1 min.
5. If enjoying immediately, place on a plate, drizzle with maple syrup and top with fresh berries.
6. If you are preparing them to enjoy later, place on a cooling rack for 5 mins. Once they are room temperature, place in an air tight container and place in the fridge for up to 5 days or the freezer for up to 2 months.
1 1/4 cups old fashioned oats
1. Place all ingredients into a blender