Fluffy eggs, crispy bacon and melted cheddar and gruyere cheese. Topped with avocado and chili lime mayo, these make-ahead breakfast sandwiches are perfect for busy mornings.
Ingredient Notes and Health Benefits:
Egg: A great source of protein, vitamins, good cholesterol and choline. Choline is a nutrient that is hard to find, and found in high amounts in eggs. It’s important for healthy cells.
Bacon: Another great source of protein and one of my favorite ingredients. I think bacon should be an entire food group..lol.
Cheddar and Gruyere Cheese: One of my favorite cheese’s, I purchase mine at Trader Joe’s. It is creamy and slightly nutty and SO GOOD when it melts!
Chili Lime Mayo: One of Trader Joe’s newest creations, I put this on so much! It’s perfect on this sandwich. You could use a chipotle mayo as a substitute.
Avocado: One of my favorite healthy fats, it is the perfect addition to this sandwich.
How to Make the Eggs and Bacon:
Eggs: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place eggs into a large bowl and whisk. Pour into a greased (I use coconut oil spray) baking dish. Place in the oven for about 20-25 minutes. The eggs are done when a toothpick comes out clean from the center of the eggs. Cut into six equal portions.
Bacon: On a baking sheet, place foil and then bacon strips. Place in the oven (also at 400) for 15 minutes. When done, remove from oven and place bacon on a paper towel on a plate. Use another paper towel to remove excess fat.
Assembling and Storing the Sandwiches:
These make-ahead breakfast sandwiches are so easy to make. On a counter, place the bottom half of the english muffin. Spread chili lime mayo on each. Add sliced cheese (1-2 slices each) on top of the mayo. Add the egg, the bacon and the top of the english muffin. Next, wrap each sandwich in aluminum foil. Place in the fridge, where they will stay good for 2 months.
Heating the Sandwiches:
Remove the sandwich from the freezer and then take off the foil. Wrap sandwich in paper towel, making sure the whole sandwich is covered. Place in the microwave for 3 minutes on medium heat. Remove from microwave, take top of english muffin off and add avocado, then enjoy immediately 🙂
6 english muffins 1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
12 strips of bacon
12 slices of cheddar and gruyere cheese
6 tbsp chili lime mayo
Coconut oil spray
2. In a large mixing bowl, place eggs and whisk together.
3. Pour eggs into a greased (with coconut oil spray) baking dish and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes. You know the eggs are done when a toothpick comes out clean from the middle of the eggs.
4. On a baking sheet, place aluminum foil and then bacon. Place in the oven for 15 minutes.
5. Cut eggs into 6 equal portions.
6. When bacon is done, place on a paper towel on a plate. Pat dry with another paper towel to remove extra fat.
7. Cut cheese into slices.
8. Lay the bottom parts of the english muffins out on a counter.
9. Add chili lime mayo to each. Then add cheese, eggs and bacon. Top with other half of english muffin.
10. Roll each muffin in foil and place in the freezer where they will stay fresh for up to 2 months.
11. To heat, remove sandwich from foil, wrap in paper towel and place in the microwave for 3 minutes at medium heat. Add avocado and enjoy immediately.
6 english muffins
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
[…] Make-Ahead Breakfast Sandwich with Egg, Bacon and Cheese — Chef Nat […]
[…] the day. After you try these Pumpkin Spice Blender Protein Pancakes, make sure you check out this Make-Ahead Breakfast Sandwich with Egg, Bacon and Cheese it is delicious and so easy to make. This Avocado Toast with Fresh Herbs, Crumbled Feta and Poached […]