Perfectly cooked chicken smothered in a silky savory sauce, this creamy cajun and parmesan chicken is surprisingly healthy and super satisfying.
Ingredient Notes and Health Benefits:
Grass Fed Butter: I prefer to buy Kerry Gold Salt Free butter
Garlic Cloves: I buy the garlic from Trader Joe’s that are pre peeled, this takes out a step for chopping garlic
Reduced Fat Coconut Milk: It has all the same flavors as the full-fat version but is much lower in calories. It has a nice silky texture.
Ground Flaxseed: High in omega 3’s, fiber and lignans, which may reduce the risk of cancer
Brown Rice and Quinoa Noodles: Trader Joe’s has a great version that are spaghetti noodles that go perfectly in this recipe. I also used red bell peppers, zucchini and yellow squash on the side.
How to Brine the Chicken
This step is not necessary, so if you are pressed for time, you can skip it. It really does makes the chicken a lot juicier, so I recommend doing it while you prepare some of the other ingredients. Simply place the chicken in a large bowl, cover in room temperature water and let sit for 15 minutes. Drain water, pat chicken breasts dry with a paper towel and then they’re ready for the air fryer.
How to Cook the Chicken in the Air Fryer:
*If you don’t have an Air Fryer, you can bake or grill chicken instead!
1st Step: Brush chicken with olive oil
2nd Step: Season with pepper, salt, paprika and garlic powder
3rd Step: Place chicken (seasoned side down) into air fryer
4th Step: Brush opposite side of chicken and season
5th Step: Cook at 360 for 15 minutes, flipping chicken half way through
How to Make the Creamy Cajun Parmesan Sauce
This creamy cajun parmesan chicken sauce is so full of flavor and so easy to make. Place butter in a skillet and heat to medium. Add the chopped garlic and stir for 1 minute. Add the coconut milk, ground flaxseed, parmesan cheese and cajun seasoning. Let cook, uncovered, for about 5 minutes to allow the sauce to thicken.
4 thinly sliced boneless skinless chicken breast To Brine the Chicken: To Air Fry the Chicken: To Cook the Noodles: To Make the Sauce: To Assemble:
8oz brown rice and quinoa spaghetti
2 tbsp grass fed butter
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 cans reduced fat coconut milk
2 tbsp ground flaxseed
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
2 tbsp cajun seasoning
Homemade Cajun Seasoning:
1 tbsp smoked paprika
1 tsp salt
1/2 tbsp garlic powder
1/2 tbsp ground black pepper
1/2 tbsp onion salt
1/2 tbsp drieg oregano
1/4 tbsp dried thyme
1. Place chicken breasts in room-temperature water with 1 tbsp salt and soak for 15 minutes
2. Remove chicken from water and pat dry.
1. Brush each chicken breast with 1/4 tsp olive oil.
2. Season lightly with salt and ground black pepper.
3. Place chicken in air fryer at 375 for 15 minutes, flipping chicken half way through
1. Bring water to a boil, add noodles and cook uncovered for 6-8 minutes.
2. As the noodles cook, break them apart with a fork so they don't stick together.
3. Drain water and set aside.
1. Place butter into a skillet and heat over medium for 1 minute.
2. Add garlic and cook for another minute, stirring constantly.
3. Add coconut milk and stir. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the sauce begins to bubble.
4. Stir in ground flaxseed, then cajun seasoning and then parmesan cheese.
5. Cook for another 2-3 minutes to allow sauce to thicken.
1. Toss noodles with sauce (reserving some).
2. Place chicken breast on noodles, top with extra sauce.
3. Serve with veggies of your choice on the side.
4 thinly sliced boneless skinless chicken breast
To Brine the Chicken:
To Air Fry the Chicken:
To Cook the Noodles:
To Make the Sauce: