Blackened shrimp, bell peppers, quinoa, beans and roasted corn. Topped with avocado, chili lime mayo and pico de gallo. Loaded with protein, a healthy carb and healthy fat, this bowl perfect for lunch, dinner or meal prep.
Ingredient List and Health Benefits:
Jumbo Shrimp: I purchase jumbo shrimp from Trader Joe’s that is frozen and already cooked. Shrimp is a great source of lean protein.
Bell Peppers: High in vitamins and minerals, these are one of my favorite veggies.
Quinoa: A complete vegetarian protein that’s also high in fiber, several minerals and antioxidants. It also adds great texture to this recipe. I love the tricolor quinoa from Trader Joe’s.
Avocado: One of my favorite healthy fats, avocado is jam packed with nutrients. It’s high in vitamin K, vitamin C, potassium, fiber, folate, vitamin B5 and B6 and vitamin E.
Chili Lime Mayo: One of my favorite new items from Trader Joe’s, it’s the perfect sauce.
Pico de Gallo: Available in mild and hot, I prefer the hot version for a little extra spice
1 lb jumbo shrimp cooked and frozen Seasoning: 1. Cook quinoa according to package directions
1 each red, orange, green bell peppers, sliced
1 cup uncooked quinoa
1 can black beans, drained
16oz package frozen roasted corn, thawed
1 avocado, chopped
4 tbsp pico de gallo
4 tbsp chili lime mayo
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tbsp paprika
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp oregano
2 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
2. Place shrimp into a large bowl and run a really slow stream of water over shrimp (about 5 min) until thawed. Drain water and pat shrimp dry.
3. Place seasonings into a small bowl
4. Slice red bell peppers
5. Pour 1 tbsp of olive oil into a skillet
6. Add peppers and shrimp to skillet, stir to coat in oil
7. Add seasoning and stir. Cook for 5 minutes
8. Drain black beans
9. Thaw corn (in microwave for 2 mins)
10. Place shrimp, peppers, corn, black beans into a bowl
11. Top with pico de gallo, avocado and chili lime mayo
1 lb jumbo shrimp cooked and frozen
1. Cook quinoa according to package directions