This simple thai dish is easy to prepare and ready in under 30 minutes. Flavorful thai red curry-infused coconut milk sauce, juicy chicken and fresh veggies served over a bed of quinoa. It’s the perfect meal for a weeknight dinner or meal prep.
Ingredient Notes and Health Benefits:
Chicken Tenderloin: A lean cut of chicken, I love using tenderloins for this recipe. They are also pre-cut which is extra nice.
Diced Onion: Add lots of flavor to the dish, onions contain a high level of antioxidants and anti-inflammatories.
Fresh Garlic: Have a positive impact on blood pressure, cholesterol and prevent heart disease.
Diced and Fire Roasted Tomatoes: High in lycopene, which is a powerful antioxidant that reduces the risk of many types of cancer
Reduced Fat Coconut Milk: Makes the sauce so flavorful and silky, I prefer the reduced fat version.
Red Curry Paste: I buy the Thai Kitchen brand.
2lbs chicken tenderloins 1. Cook quinoa according to package directions.
1 cup diced onion
1 tbsp olive oil
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 red bell peppers
28oz diced fire roasted tomatoes with green chiles
26oz reduced fat coconut milk
4oz red curry paste
1/4 cup basil
1 cup uncooked quinoa
2. Add 1/2 tbsp olive oil to skillet, heat over medium heat.
3. Add chicken tenderloins, and cook for about 5 minutes, flipping chicken half way through.
4. Remove chicken from skillet.
5. Add the other 1/2 tbsp of olive oil to skillet, then add diced onion. Cook 1 min.
6. Add garlic. Cook 30 seconds.
7. Pour in tomatoes and coconut milk. Stir to combine all ingredients.
8. Add chicken back in, cover and cook for another 10 minutes on a low simmer.
9. Scoop quinoa and curry chicken into serving bowls and top with fresh basil.
2lbs chicken tenderloins
1. Cook quinoa according to package directions.