Holiday Crunch Homemade Granola has oats, raw nuts, ground cinnamon, maple syrup, dark chocolate and dried fruit. Full of flavor, healthy fats, carbs and antioxidants. It’s easy to make, comes together in under 30 minutes and is the perfect snack. Add it to greek yogurt, a milk of your choice or enjoy it on its own.
Ingredient Notes and Health Benefits:
Old Fashioned Oats: High in fiber and antioxidants, oats are a great source of carbohydrates.
Raw Pecan Halves: These nuts are super healthy. They help lower cholesterol and they are high in healthy fats so they are great for heart health. They are also high in vitamins and minerals too.
Raw Whole Almonds: High in healthy fats, fiber and antioxidants.
Raw Pumpkin Seeds: High in antioxidants, iron, zinc and magnesium. They are also great for prostate health.
Cinnamon: I love the flavor of cinnamon! It’s loaded with antioxidants and is also an anti-inflammatory
Dark Chocolate Chips: Having a higher % of cacao in comparison to milk chocolate, dark chocolate is super healthy. Cacao is high in antioxidants, minerals. It also may reduce the risk of heart disease, lower blood pressure and cholesterol and also contain anti-inflammatory properties.
Tools needed to Make Holiday Crunch Homemade Granola:
- Large mixing bowl
- Large rubber or wooden spoon
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Cooling rack
How to Make Holiday Crunch Homemade Granola:
1st Step: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2nd Step: Place oats, pecans, almonds, pumpkin seeds, cinnamon and salt into a large mixing bowl.
3rd Step: Pour in melted coconut oil, maple syrup and bourbon infused vanilla extract.
4th Step: Using a large spoon, stir the ingredients to make sure the oats and nuts are all evenly coated.
5th Step: Pour granola onto parchment paper on a baking sheet. Place into the oven and bake for 20 minutes, stirring granola halfway through.
6th Step: Remove from oven and place onto cooling rack for 45 minutes, allowing the granola to cool completely.
7th Step: Top with dark chocolate, dried cranberries and dried cherries. Using a spoon, break apart granola into smaller pieces.
Storing Holiday Crunch Homemade Granola:
Store Holiday Crunch Homemade Granola in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks. It can also be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months. To thaw, simply remove from the freezer and place on a counter for 30-45 minutes at room temperature.
3.5 cups old fashioned oats 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
1/2 cup raw pecan halves
1/2 cup raw whole almonds
1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
1.5 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt (I used pink himalayan)
1/2 cup unrefined coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup maple syrup
2 tsp bourbon infused vanilla extract
1 handful dark chocolate chips
1 handful dried cranberries
1 handful dried cranberries
2. In a large mixing bowl place the oats, raw pecans, raw almonds, raw pumpkin seeds, cinnamon and salt.
3. Pour in melted coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Using a large spoon, stir to coat the ingredients. Make sure all the oats and nuts have been evenly coated.
4. Pour onto a baking sheet with parchment paper and use the spoon to evenly distribute granola on the baking sheet.
5. Place in the oven for 20 minutes, stirring the granola half way through.
6. Remove from the oven and place baking sheet onto a cooling rack for 45 minutes to allow it to cool completely.
7. Top with dark chocolate, dried cranberries and dried cherries.
8. Using a large spoon, break apart the granola into smaller pieces. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
3.5 cups old fashioned oats
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.