Pulled chicken mini sliders have juicy chicken, a sweet and tangy homemade teriyaki sauce and crunchy coleslaw. Made in the slow cooker, the chicken comes out perfectly tender and requires almost no prep work. High in protein, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals, this is the perfect dinner or game day snack.
Ingredient Notes and Health Benefits:
Chicken Breasts: I buy thin sliced, boneless skinless chicken breasts. They are a great source of protein and cook so easily in the slow cooker
Shredded Cabbage: High in antioxidants, minerals and vitamins, it adds the perfect crunch to this recipe.
Pineapple: High in vitamins and minerals, especially vitamin C and manganese. It adds a little sweetness, which is in perfect contrast to the umami flavor of the teriyaki sauce.
How to Make Pulled Chicken Mini Sliders:
Pulled chicken mini sliders are so easy to make. We’ll cook the chicken, make the teriyaki sauce and coleslaw dressing and put it all together.
Step 1: Place chicken breasts into slow cooker and cover with water. Cook on high for 4 hours.
Step 2: When the chicken is almost done, place teriyaki sauce ingredients into a mason jar and shake to combine. Set aside.
Step 3: In another mason jar (or mixing bowl) place coleslaw dressing ingredients and stir or shake to combine. Pour over cabbage, mix and set aside.
Step 4: Chop pineapples.
Step 5: When chicken is done, remove chicken from slow cooker. Drain water. Place chicken back into slow cooker. Pour teriyaki sauce over chicken, add pineapples and cook on low for another 15-30 minutes.
Step 6: Assemble sandwiches and enjoy!
How to Cook Chicken in the Slow Cooker:
The slow cooker is one of my favorite cooking tools. It’s easy to use and the chicken comes out perfectly. Simply place the chicken into the slow cooker, cover it in water and cook on high for 4 hours. When it’s done, remove the chicken from cooker, drain the water and place the chicken back into the cooker. Using two forks, shred it. You’ll have perfectly tender and juicy chicken. I have this slow cooker and I love it.
Pulled Chicken: Pulled Chicken:
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 cup chopped pineapple
4 cups shredded green and red cabbage
1/2 cup mayo
3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp brown sugar
1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp fresh chopped garlic
2 tbsp fresh chopped ginger
Mini whole wheat burger buns
1. Place chicken breasts into slow cooker and cover in water.
2. Cook on high for 4 hours.
3. When it's done, using a large spoon, remove chicken from slow cooker and drain water.
4. Place chicken back into slow cooker and shred with 4 forks.
5. Pour teriyaki sauce onto chicken and add pineapples. Cook on low for 20 minutes.
1. Place shredded cabbage into a large mixing bowl and set aside.
2. Place mayo, lemon juice and brown sugar into a bowl and stir to combine.
3. Pour dressing over cabbage.
1. Place all ingredients (soy sauce, brown sugar, maple syrup, sesame oil, apple cider vinegar, garlic and ginger into a mason jar. Shake to combine.